Thursday, January 31, 2019
Hi. Welcome to this week’s blog.
If you are in the regions where the temperatures have recently been well below zero, I hope that you are staying safe, warm and cozy. The weather forecasters are predicting a “heat wave” (30 to 40 degrees above zero) for U. S. mid-westerners on Super Bowl Sunday. Please govern yourselves accordingly! LoL!! Oh wait. Can I “laugh out loud” on a blog???!!!
During the show last Saturday, I shared some pointers on how to set and realize goals. Today, I’m going to share one of my short-term, long-term and forever goals. What is it you ask? It is staying mentally and physically agile. It is so important particularly as you get older. Here’s a few basic ways to do so.
- Maintain healthy, loving social connections and social life. Adults need to “play” with others too.
- Continue to learn new things. It is excellent exercise for the brain. The more you learn, the more you realize what you don’t know.
- Eat healthy. Remember what your parents said…”eat your fruit and vegetables”.
- Get plenty of daily exercise/activity. Dance, walk, jog, run, skate, play sports, etc.
- Get good sleep and rest.
- Find and/or maintain a hobby or activity that you enjoy doing.
- Pray, meditate, grow daily in your spiritual life.
Listen, if we don’t strive to meet this one goal of staying mentally and physically sharp, it would be difficult to reach more specific goals that we set in our lives. Ok,
Well, there may or may not be a show this Saturday. My plate is full right now but I am attempting to get it done. Stay tuned and check my social media platforms at marilynscafesoc on Twitter; Marilyn’s Café Society on Facebook and YouTube; and marilynscafesociety.com.
Live. Laugh. Love.